Our company number is 11285779 and our registered office is at 10 The Square, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1LA.
- We will only collect and use your information where we have your permission to do so.
- We will be transparent in our dealings with you and tell you how we’ll collect and use your information. If we collect your information for a purpose, we'll only use it for that purpose, unless you’ve been otherwise informed and given your permission where relevant.
- We won’t ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting it.
- We will update our records when you tell us that your details have changed.
- We will periodically review your personal information to ensure we don’t keep it for longer than is necessary.
- We will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period.
- We will observe your rights under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are dealt with promptly and transparently.
Data Controller: Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury
10 The Square,
If at any time you with for us to remove and delete your personal data from our files, please contact us in writing at either the postal or email addresses below.
Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury, 10 The Square, Shrewsbury, SY1 1LA
Collecting your data
We collect your data from the following activities:
- When you shop with us, online, in-store or on the phone
- When you use our Repairs or Valuations service
- When you signup to receive emails from us online, in-store or over the phone
- When you take out Jewellery/Watch insurance through us
- When you talk to us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media
- When you place a product on deposit in-store
Data we collect
- Contact information including address, phone number and email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to offers
How we use your data
- To deliver your order
- To discuss and send updates about your order or purchase or repair
- To discuss an enquiry with you
- To carry out necessary fraud checks
- To send you offers, news, inspiration and other updates (if you have chosen to opt-in to these communications)
- To send you an electronic copy of your receipt
- To ensure we’re providing you with the best service possible
Any information that you choose to provide us with will be used to personalise and improve our customer service operations. All information is collected and stored in a secure manner and is used strictly in relation to this policy and your stated preference. Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury shall not be responsible or liable for loss of privacy, disclosure of information, harm, damage or loss that may result from your transmission of any information to us. In addition, under the law, we must cooperate fully with any law enforcement agency should a situation arise where our information about customers could be of assistance.
From time to time, Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury may introduce new products and services to our customers that may require modifications to this policy. We reserve the right to modify this policy at any time by notifying our customers, via the Privacy section of the website, of a new or revised policy. These modifications will only apply to personal data that you then provide to us after the date of the modification.
As a Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury customer, we may also use your contact information to inform you of other products or services we think might interest you if you have given us appropriate permission. However, if you do not wish to be contacted for promotional purposes, you can "opt out" when Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury collects your information. You may also unsubscribe from email marketing activity at any time, using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email. Alternatively, you can update or correct your personal or business information relating to your account by contacting us by post or e-mail.
Please note that your contact preferences only apply to Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury contacting you for marketing purposes. We may still need to communicate with you regarding the usability of your product or critical messages relating to your service. These communications may include service messages, critical notices or legally mandated notices.
How long we will retain your information
We will retain your information for as long as is required to carry out the relevant services it was collected for, or for as long as you keep your account with us.
Opting out of Marketing Communications
You can opt out at any time by doing one of the following:
- You can click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any of our Marketing emails.
- You can Contact Us using our online form, or email us at [email protected]
- You can write to us: Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury, 10 The Square, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1LA
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing, and
- object to the processing of your data where the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact The Manager, Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury, 10 The Square, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1LA or email [email protected]
By Post: Goldsmiths of Shrewsbury, 10 The Square, Shrewsbury, Shropshire, SY1 1LA
By E-Mail: [email protected]
Please be sure to include your mailing address if you would like us to send you any written materials. We reserve the right to take reasonable steps to verify any requests for personal information we receive. If at any time you wish your personal data to be deleted from our files, please contact us in writing and we will respond to your request within 30 days.